PURSUANT TO SECTION 11 (1) (r) (u) AND (v) OF THE LIBERIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT OF 2007, THE LIBERIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY HEREBY ISSUES AND PUBLISHES THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
- That following investigation into the interconnection dispute between Cellcom Communications and Lonestar Communications Corporation and collectively referred to as the “Parties”, the Liberia Telecommunications Authority (LTA) hereby orders that an independent audit of the interconnection records of Cellcom and Lonestar be conducted by an independent auditor;
- That the LTA hereby selects and appoints Independent Software Certification Inc. (the Consultant) to audit the interconnection records of Cellcom and Lonestar;
- That the Parties shall each have the option to provide to the Consultant, a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) for the Consultant to sign;
- That the Parties shall submit to the Consultant, all relevant documentation as may be requested, including but not limited to call and billing records for the period to be audited;
- Each Party shall submit the name of its representative and their NDA, no later than three (3) business days following the publication of this Order.
- That the said audit shall commence immediately following the publication of this Order; this period shall include the presentation of the NDA and all pieces of documentary evidence relied upon by the Parties.
- That the penalty for noncompliance with this Order shall be US$5,000.00 (FIVE THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) per operator per day, payable to and on demand of the LTA
THIS ORDER SHALL TAKE IMMEDIATE EFFECT, UPON PUBLICATION AND SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE UNTIL OTHERWISE ALTERED AND OR RESCINDED BY THE LIBERIA TELECOMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY.
Issued this 28th day of April A.D. 2011 in the city of Monrovia, Republic of Liberia
Hon. Angelique Weeks.- Chairperson
Hon. Lamini A, Waritay
Hon. Harry T. Yuan Sr.- Commissioner
Hon. Henry W. Benson.- Commissioner
Hon. Abdullad L. Kamara.- Commissioner
By order of the President .- J. Levi Demmah.- Acting Minister of Foreing Affairs
MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS MONROVIA, LIBERIA MAY 16, 2011